ACAP Observership Guidelines
- Observership is a full-time program which runs for 4 weeks and starts on first Monday of each month.
- Each candidate is only allowed for one Observership (4 weeks).
- All communications must be facilitated through ACAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) at all times. Please do not contact the hospital directly.
- Candidate must have either a Green Card, EAD or US citizenship.
- ECFMG certificate is preferred.
- An active ACAP membership is required at the time of online registration.
- After online registration is received, ACAP administrator will contact the candidate regarding specialty and start date.
You will be asked to complete Clinical Observership Processing form and also send in a copy of your CV.
- An email confirmation will be sent from the Hospital once start date/specialty is approved.
Observership start date & specialty can NOT be changed once approved.
- After receiving email confirmation from the Hospital, candidate is required to pay a non-refundable administrative fee of $500.
- Admin fee is ONLY refundable if ACAP cannot fill a spot for candidate.
- If for some reason, candidate cannot come to Observership as scheduled, please contact ACAP administrator as soon as possible.
Admin fee is NOT refundable.
- Candidate will be required to complete Volunteer Services Application, Occupational Health Form, Drug Screening Test, and meet
with the OHS and Volunteer Department before starting Observership.
It usually takes about 4-6 weeks to complete all requirements, so please plan accordingly and do not miss the start date of the Observership.
Code of Conduct
- Observer is expected to stay with the team assigned to him/her on a full-time basis and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Observer is expected to treat the opportunity sincerely and maintain a positive image of ACAP.
- Observer should NOT provide translation for patients unless he/she is approved by the Language Assistance Department of the hospital.
To check the status of your Observership program application, please send email to email@example.com