ACAP Medical Internship for Youth is open to college students and high school students who are interested in medical fields. This program is provided during the summer months. Upon completion of the program, the student will have the opportunity to evaluate the experience. The student will also receive evaluation by the preceptor and a certificate of completion from ACAP.
- To provide first-hand experience of practicing medicine in outpatient setting
- To provide opportunities for student to learn the roles of the personnel in medical office
- To provide opportunities for students to perform in certain role in medical office, such as secretory or clerk etc.
Program Length: four weeks
- College and high school students
- Chinese heritage
- Families and friends of ACAP member will have priority
Responsibilities of Student Interns:
- Follow the instructions of the physician preceptor and don’t spend time in the clinic, hospital or private practice unless scheduled and approved by the preceptor.
- Do not conduct physical examinations, treatments or diagnoses of any patient.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the hospital, clinic or private practice at all times.
- Record internship hours and confirm your schedule and responsibilities with your physician preceptor regularly. See attendance log at the end of this document.
How to apply?
The applicant must submit the following items to email@example.com
- Transcripts or letter of good standing from college or high school
- Recommendation letter (preferred from ACAP member)
- Personal statement and personal goal
- Once application has been approved, pay application fee of $100
For any further question or assistant, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718-321-8798.