At Flushing Hospital Medical Center (www.flushinghospital.org), our mission is “To provide superior service to our patients and our community in a caring environment.” Our dedication to this mission is highlighted by the many honors bestowed upon us for our dedication to providing high quality care
- Flushing Hospital recently received its official designation as a Baby-Friendly USA® Hospital. As a Baby- Friendly® institution, the hospital has demonstrated a commitment to uphold the strict breastfeeding requirements and guidelines set in place by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- Flushing Hospital has received the American Heart Association’s/American Stroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines – Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement award. The award recognizes Flushing Hospital for meeting specific quality achievement measures for the diagnosis and treatment of stroke patients.
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center was awarded the Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award. This accolade was bestowed upon Flushing Hospital by Healthgrades and is given to hospitals across the country that have demonstrated superior outcomes in women’s healthcare services.
- Healthgrades, a trusted provider of information to millions of health care consumers across the U.S., recently recognized Flushing Hospital by presenting them with the Patient Safety Excellence Award, an accolade that recognizes hospitals that lead in the prevention of patient safety events.
- The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) recently highlighted Flushing Hospital’s fight against type 2 diabetes as part of their “Innovation Spotlight” campaign. The feature praises Flushing Hospital for launching a community-based initiative to combat this condition.
- In Healthfirst’s most recent Health Quality Incentive Program (HQUIP) rating survey, Flushing Hospital ranked third in overall quality out of 41 hospitals in the New York region.
- Flushing Hospital’s Bariatric Surgical Center has been accredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), which recognizes that Flushing Hospital meets the highest quality of standards for patient safety and quality of care.